Sunday, June 5, 2016

RMS organic foundation, mascara, and lip/cheek tint

I decided to go all natural and paraben free this time around as I replace my makeup. I really wanted the Juice beauty CC cream, but it had to be shipped from the states via Amazon, and I needed make up now. So instead I went with the RMS un-cover-up in 22. It cost 4800 yen, and I purchased it online, but you can buy it at most Cosme Kitchen stores. (It costs more at Cosme Kitchen though!)

The color was a near perfect match. It felt a bit oily going on, and the recommended finger application was a bit odd. I usually apply with my fingers, but the foundation is hard and only a little comes off at a time. I found it hard to blend. I might finally buy a beauty blender and see if that helps.

Coverage was good.

UPDATE: the beauty blender helped a lot! it still feels kinda oily, but not as bad as before.


Next up was the lip to cheek in "beloved." This was also 4800 yen. It is more highly pigmented than the canmake, so you need less on your cheeks. However, as a lipstick it is more like a highly pigmented gloss. If you don't care about the organic/paraben free issue, the canmake is a MUCH better deal.

UPDATE: When I used this as a lipstick it really made my face feel oily. I only use it as a blush now.

Finally, I also bought the volumizing mascara for 3800 yen. It was easy to apply and a good color. It is no match for the heroine make mascara, but again, it's a different beast. If you're looking for something organic, this is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment