Friday, January 2, 2015

Combating dry winter skin: Nivea creme and the Raydrop Ultrasonic Aroma Humidifier


I picked up a tin of Nivea creme at the drug store for under 500 yen. It is consistently listed as one of the best moisturizers and seems to only make an appearance in Japanese drugstores in the winter months.

The creme itself does wonders for dry skin. There is no itching or scaling. I do wish that it was not in "tub" form (I have smaller 200 yen tubes for my purse and over the kitchen sink). I also personally like the application feeling from oils better than creme (this can't even really be called a lotion - it is between lotion and wax consistency), but the results (and price point) have me hooked for the winter!


I've never been one to use the humidifier, even though they are very popular here in Japan, especially in winter. I'm always battling humidity and mold - why introduce moisture? My friend says it helps prevent colds. It is true that colds are more prevalent in drier weather, so I'll buy it.  4300 yen on amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment