Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Evangelist Lady Bright Up BB Cream

I ran out of the CoverGirl BB cream I had been using all summer and switched over to the liquid foundation I usually use for fall. But I noticed such a dramatic difference in my skin tone. It looked duller and like the foundation was caking around my pores.

After doing a bit of research I learned that the Evangelist Bright Up BB cream (which only comes in one color) is the apparent "godsend" of Japanese BB creams. I ordered a small tube for about 2800 yen (which is a lot in my world of makeup!).

At first I was really worried about the color, which is a bit light for my skin tone, but as I rubbed it in it seemed to blend with my natural color. It definitely has more coverage than my CoverGirl CG Smoothers BB cream and really brightened up my skin (I'm not sure how, but it did! Some sort of illumination powder must be included.). There was more caking around my pores than with my CoverGirl BB cream, but I suspect that this is because of the increased coverage.

In addition, it boasts 50+UV protection.

I'll continue to use it, but, for the price I was hoping for more. It will soon run out, since the tube is so small. I'm going to look into the Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer the next time I visit the States (since more colors are available there!).



No comments:

Post a Comment